Salary: £40,280-£47,700 pro rata (21 hours/0.6 FTE)
Fixed term contract until April 2025, with possible extension
Edinburgh/Flexible hybrid working
With the climate as our entry point, Sniffer takes a distinct approach to drive forward the change we need. Sniffer go deeper, examine structures, and provide a route-map for action. Building on their leading work over the past two decades, Sniffer creates spaces for organisations and places to come together to understand, anticipate, and flourish in the face of environmental pressures and societal impacts.
In partnership with academia, government, technical experts, and creative practitioners, Sniffer bring the very latest thinking and innovation to their collaborations with communities, organisations, and business so they can transform the way they work. Sniffer are part of the global movement for change.
At Sniffer, they share a common belief that taking a collaborative approach to understanding and responding to environmental change will have the greatest benefit for people and places.
At an exciting time in Sniffer’s development as an organisation, with a new strategy and a growing portfolio of projects, they are on the search for new talent to join their dynamic team. Their work is structured across three areas:
- Climate Ready Leadership: empowering and equipping leaders from across society, to lead transformation toward a fair and flourishing future for all
- Climate Ready Placemaking: ensuring that more places across Scotland are better able to flourish in a fair way in our changing climate
- Climate Ready Innovation: working with others to learn by doing things differently and doing different things
This role is an exciting opportunity to manage and lead delivery of Sniffer’s new Creative Climate Futures project, working collaboratively with Sniffer colleagues, the project partners and communities.
Part of Sniffer’s Climate Ready Placemaking workstream, Creative Climate Futures is a new two-year project funded by the UK Shared Prosperity Fund as part of the Glasgow Communities and Place Fund. The project will work with communities in Glasgow who are most vulnerable to the impacts of climate change to design climate ready futures for their neighbourhoods and catalyse action to make these visions a reality. The project builds on Sniffer’s existing portfolio of work within Glasgow and the wider City Region, including through the Climate Ready Cycle initiative.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent project and stakeholder management experience and skills, and knowledge of the impacts of climate change, placemaking and/or community development.
- Demonstrable track record of managing one or more complex, multi-partner projects on time and to budget
- Ability to develop and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with a wide range of partners and stakeholders including third sector, community and public sector organisations
- At least five years’ experience working in a relevant field, including climate change, community development and/or placemaking
- A degree or equivalent professional experience in a relevant field including sustainability, natural or social sciences, planning, community development
- Knowledge of one or more of the following:
- Climate change adaptation and resilience
- Community environmental action
- Community development and/or engagement
- Community-led placemaking
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced project manager to work as part of a team of changemakers and support Sniffer’s strategy by delivering an exciting and innovative project within a knowledgeable, supportive, and collaborative organisation.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Lauryn Pringle or Debbie Shields at Aspen People on 0141 212 7571. Further information is available at https://aspenpeople.co.uk/sniffer
Applications will be reviewed as they are received so do not delay in your submission. To apply, please submit your CV and covering letter as one document via the apply button below.