Fife Sports & Leisure Trust
Position: Commercial and Business Development Manager
Salary: £40,245.94 - £48,373.97
Base: Head Office, Dunfermline (+ Fife wide)
Are you a commercially minded individual who has a thirst for change?
We are on the search for a passionate professional to complement our dynamic and dedicated sales and commercial development team. You will work closely with other teams to establish revenue generating products and services, create and develop commercial opportunities and always asking ‘what’s next’!
We are on an exciting journey and we want you to be part of it….
We are dedicated to making fife an inspiring place to be, from providing access to quality fitness facilities, making a positive difference through our health and wellbeing programme to supporting the next sporting superstar.
We are not for profit, meaning all our surpluses are reinvested in improving our venues, developing new products and services for our communities and extending our social value across Fife.
We do this by providing swimming pools, gyms, sports halls, outdoor facilities such as our athletics tracks, pitches and courts, cafés, meeting rooms, events, community programmes and so much more.
The Commercial and Business Development Manager is a newly created post and will be responsible for managing and leading the commercial and business development team, which includes fitness, commercial (cafés, vending, retail) and events. You will be responsible for managing and developing all commercial activity, along with identifying new market opportunities, maximising secondary spend and negotiating and agreeing commercial contracts.
The role will report to the Head of Sales and Commercial Development and will be responsible for the strategic direction and overall performance of our commercial and business development function.
The ideal candidate will have a track record in leading commercial or business development activities, either within the public, private and third sector. You will have led large teams across multiple venues and locations, along with working across and with other teams.
We’ll inspire and empower you to be your best. Come join us!
For a confidential discussion please contact Kate Kennedy or Catriona Mackie on 0141 212 7555.
Further information is available at https://aspenpeople.co.uk/fslt
To apply please upload in one document the following information:
- Supporting statement outlining how your skills and experience make you a suitable candidate for this opportunity
- Your answers to the following 3 questions:
- Detail your experience in developing and introducing new commercial products and services, along with highlighting the challenges and how you overcame these. Please include what the new products and services were.
- Describe how you have led a project team, split across multiple teams and locations, to deliver the project on time and on budget.
- Detail your experience in managing multiple contracts, along with writing business cases and tenders to introduce new products and services.
Applications will be reviewed as and when received and will close when a suitable candidate has been identified.